__________________________________________________________________________

WE DON'T COMB CHICKENS HERE - WE COOK 'EM!

__________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dude, I Gotta Dell!

I have a love/hate relationship with surprises because most of them come in the form of bad news. As a matter of fact, I usually have my better-half reconnoiter the Christmas Tree each year just in case some no-account accountant is hiding in my stocking. But yesterday I got a good surprise in the way of a Father’s Day present: a new Dell. This was a serendipitous event because my old machine (if you consider 4 years, old) was beginning to tire of the daily workout with MS Word, and riding the high web surf.

So here I am today with my new toy connected and having a blast! But (in a good Rod Serling voice) there's a signpost up ahead! You are now entering the crossover zone!

Try as I may, I cannot find a way to part with some 3.4 Gigs of my old stuff. This means I have to find a good way to switch all that mess from the old machine to the new one. Now, there are several ways to do this… I can copy it to some 5 CDs and then reload. I can somehow acquire a data transfer cable and do a computer-to-computer IV, or I can just pretend like all that stuff was never there and forget about it. Well, I will be the first to admit that I am a pack-rat by nature, as are most all good honest male types. This task WILL be accomplished at any cost! (martial music plays)

The catch to all of this is that I am gonna have to take the new machine down and re-up the old one to do this transfer because no matter how I do it, I have a severe limitation of nonstressed electrical outlets in this room and only one monitor.

So if I turn up missing for a day or two, trust that I have not gotten a case of cold feet and run off to some God forsaken desert state on a Greyhound Bus… and that you will not find a single lock of my hair lurking in the kudzu.

Oh, one last thing… welcome to Sin City Inquisition & Bar B Q!

* * * * *
WTVM Skycam Shot of the Day