__________________________________________________________________________

WE DON'T COMB CHICKENS HERE - WE COOK 'EM!

__________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 10, 2005

Po Biddys Gone Wild!

Oh joy, it’s time for yet another Bicyclers from Hell traffic jam in Columbus. This event, Bike Ride Across Georgia, follows the April, Tour de Georgia, which is also known to incite gridlock and runs from traffic light central (Columbus), to the mosquito coast (Jekyll Island), over a period of one week.

According to the 12th Street Rag, this is the very first time this event has begun in Columbus and the coordinators have aptly named this first leg, The Po Biddy Ride.

There’s an idea for a city motto somewhere in all of this… just give me time.

More from the L-E here.

* * * * *

Chuck over at Redneckin spends some of his morning reminiscing about old cars and the venerable VW Bug. They were, as he recalls, very reliable and easy to repair if they went down. I can clearly remember one winter back in the early ‘80s when it was like 4 degrees out, and I was on a concrete slab helping my brother pull an engine from his VW bus. I was wrapped in a quilted monkey suit but that didn’t stop me from getting cold or icicles from forming on my mustache…

* * * * *

The new computer is doing well enough. I have decided to wait a few more days to try and transfer the data from the old machine to the new because I don’t see the sense in spending $25 for a cable to connect the two that I will probably use only once in my entire life. The way I figure it, by the time this machine is old and ready to be replaced, there will be some reason why that cable won’t work on the next generation of PCs and it will just end up as an artifact for some future archeologist to unearth and puzzle over.

* * * * *

WTVM Skycam Shot of the Day